Though I’m far from an expert when it comes to learning and life, I have learned a few things over the past twenty-one years. What did you learn by the time you reached this milestone?
Below are a couple of things I discovered over the years:
- It’s okay to say no to things.
- However, it can also be a good idea to say yes to things from time to time.
- Don’t bother trying to please everyone.
- Don’t let anyone make you feel bad about yourself or your choices.
- Do what makes you happy.
- Sometimes you’ll make mistakes.
- Things won’t always turn out the way you think they would, for better or worse.
- Sometimes you’ll have a hard time knowing if you’re making the right decisions.
- It’s okay to get help for your mental health.
- It’s perfectly fine to be a mess sometimes.
- You should learn how to put yourself first.
- Don’t let fears and insecurities hold you back from your own ambitions.
- Do not put Mac ‘n Cheese in the microwave longer than the recommended time.
- You almost always have a bit of tea left over in the mug you forgot about.
- You won’t be in contact with people you thought would be life-long friends.
- Stop judging people.
- Sometimes you just need leave the house and get some fresh air.
- Take breaks from the mindless Facebook scrolling.
- Exercising, believe it or not, really is good for you.
- So are fruits and vegetables.
- There is still so much more to learn.
* Images sourced from ivorymix.com